Good evening families and students,
The 2021-2022 school year is just around the corner and we continue to work on shining the buildings to welcome everyone back to “Our Best Year.” We have worked hard to make sure we are ready to welcome everyone and make all a part of something big! It is our hope that everyone finds a way to become involved in activities that will stretch their learning beyond the classroom finding their own excellence!
To support a safe school environment in the face of the ever changing COIVD virus, we are implementing the following mitigation strategies across all Taylor County Schools.
- Vaccines are the number one strategy for those eligible to receive. If interested, please reach out to the board office so a clinic can be scheduled.
- Cleaning and disinfecting
- Hand hygiene and coughing/sneezing etiquette
- Evaluate large gatherings outside of classroom/core groups
- Social distancing according to county board guidance (3 feet when possible)
- Face coverings at county board discretion (recommend but not mandating at this time)
- Contact tracing in collaboration with local health departments
We will continue to update our families and students as we move closer to the start of school on August 30, 2021. Please reach out if you have additional questions by calling your child’s school or the county office.
Christy Miller, Superintendent